Monday 24 October 2016

Shiva Aran - (sketches and designs)


Hello friends and masters! 

I am Shiva Aran. 

I am planning to get into car designing field. While I was searching for the regarding options I was to see about CEED(Common Entrance Exam for Design) and also I came across your 'Stuff you look' blog. I saw about the owner of this blog Mr. Bhanu Chander contributing much for the people trying for various design exams and I immediately decided to join them so as to get part in getting his contributions. Also I am confused whether CEED is surely meant for car design aspirants. If I attend CEED, can I get into car designing field i.e., can I get into good colleges say IITs offering car design course? Because my aim is to go into car designs. So I request you to suggest whether I am in a correct path or not. Also if CEED is a correct decision, then I want you to take me as your junior member, a student with you and to be with me through out my process with all your support, with hope that you will take me, and special thanks to Mr. Bhanu Chander for creating such a precious platform for people like me. Thanking you once again, and my works,




               




 I would like you to evaluate my level and about size proportions. Also I am a beginner and I don't know much about sketching ethics. Help me get developed. Looking for your suggestions.

Dec 10 2016.
Good evening sir! On behalf of your suggestion I have started my work regarding design and perspectives based on CEED question papers. some works done by me today are below.




Pics. 2,3 & 4 are CEED questions. I look forward for your comments and suggestions. Also I will be posting such works regularly based on CEED questions. Looking for your words!

10 comments:

  1. Nice try Arun. Although you shared few works, it's good to know about ur work. With time, i'm sure u will improve ur drawing skills. Also, it would be good to see more work on designs than just drawings. Although the later is required, the former is more important esp for CEED exam.
    It's ok to go for CEED if u r interested in car design. Of course u can check for NID also. Keep working on previous or any other design questions with simultaneous practice on sketching.
    Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sir. Also I would like you to tell me some details about exactly what to practice to develop myself. Especially what shall I consider in part of designs. Sir, also I request you to show me some examples, after that I assure to make my works on those things and I'm confident that I will get fair and good reviews and suggestions from you. Waiting for your ideas and materials sir. Also please tell me the difference between NID and CEED sir!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already mentioned above that one has to practice more on design ideas. In CEED part B, hardly 20-30 marks are assigned for pure sketching while the rest 80-70 marks depends on ur design and creative works. So, although sketching is imp., much emphasis should be given to design ideas. For this, check previous years CEED papers to get an idea on part B questions. Here are sample design questions that you can try on
      Design questions for everyday prcatice

      Delete
  3. I would like to know the difference between CEED and NID. Could any one please help me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good evening sir! I have updated my post and have posted my new works over CEED question papers as per your suggestion. Are they ok? Else please sort out the errors. Waiting for your evaluation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really a great improvement from your earlier attempts, good work, Below are some points
      1. Tru practicing straight lines without the help of rulers for at least half day until you get used to drawing it with free hands. Also try to relax your mind and draw bit carelessly, so that you can avoid your hand tremors/shakes if any. If we are more concerned and put full focus so as to avoid mistakes, feeling afraid from inside, then we do make mistakes, but if you're are confident and do things casually, you can avoid errors. So, while drawing, don't feel afraid or fear of making mistake, but rather just let your hand do it's job at will, initially u might not see good result but as time progress, u will see the magic and it would also increase your speed.
      2. Also, try using two or more pencils, especially H graded.
      3. Perspectiveness in ur sketch is really good, n took care this time, good!
      4. I especially appreciate your torch design, it's very cool and the way you explained is really good. Keep it up, also try attempting several such design ques, to make urself idea-centric, i mean ability to get ideas quickly for the problems.

      everything else is good, just make sure that you are attempting many more ques, doesn't have to share them all, but to keep u practiced. Also, try one or more other design stream ques apart from product design

      Delete
  5. Thanking you so much sir! I'll hold my practice and will post frequently until complete satisfaction occur. Also sir what about the difference between NID and CEED? With CEED preparation can I approach NID?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. both are literally same in the sense they r both design exams, NID is more creative n art oriented while mdes thru ceed is mix of art, tech n more. If u want to do course involving more of creative, art designs then nid would be good, mdes thru ceed is no way lesser to nid, but there's diff in course content, check the course syllabus in both the websites to get the diff,
      NID-DAT pattern is bit diff from ceed, ceed part A covers more design aptitude, while NID covers more GK/GA, also ceed part B is more design oriented, while nid subjective is sketch/idea/writing etc oriented. u need to prepare separately for nid!

      Delete
  6. Fine sir! I have planned to enter the course of 'car designing' which is my aim and ambition solely for which I have decided to work. So, with this am I correct by choosing CEED sir?

    ReplyDelete